Institute of Professional Accountants of England (IPA), plays a very important role in ensuring that its members are able to optimise their accountancy practices or add value to their employers in the corporate world, and, by so doing, create additional wealth for the country and its people.
IPA England is a professional body of more than 4000 professional accountants (including students) in practice, commerce and industry, government and academia. The majority of its members are in public practice, offering accountancy and allied services, excluding auditing, to the general public and the business community, especially in the SMME sector.
Membership of IPA England provides accountancy professionals with local and international recognition, ensures that they remain abreast of the latest local and international developments in the accountancy profession and are able to regularly network with fellow accountancy professionals.
Membership at IPA England comes together with an array of products and services, which include ongoing training to facilitate the necessary knowledge, competencies and functional skills members need to effectively execute their responsibilities in a manner that complies with local and international regulatory frameworks and standards.
- IPA England members are, in terms of legislation, automatically recognized as Commissioners of Oaths in Africa region.
- IPA England has approximately 600 trainee accountant members and runs two learner ships.
- IPA's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) department provides seminars to members and other interested parties, enabling them to comply with the Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
- A Constitution, Code of Conduct and By-laws govern IPA England.
- IPA England provides its members who are in public practice with mandatory Professional Indemnity insurance.